Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To the Sky

New York, 6/8/11

After a date in my neighborhood, multiple goodbyes, and drunken packing in between, I go to bed at 3am. Up at 4. Catch the 4:54 LIRR from Penn Station to Jamaica, Queens and the Airtrain to JFK from there.

I'm flying American Airlines well against my will. However, it's the cheapest options and where I have most of my airlines miles. After flying AA to Melbourne, I know they offer the same level of luxury for round-the-world flights that they do on the commuter shuttle from JFK - Logan. I'm hungry after staying up all night. Great news is a cheese omelet quickly appears in front of me. Even better news is American Airlines knows I like my eggs served with an Elmer's Glue sauce. A cold ham sandwich, cloyingly sweet chicken teriyaki, and a cash bar follow. The movies aren't much better, although Johnny Depp and Isla Fisher are quite funny in Rango.

Not to worry though. I sleep almost the entire 13 hours to Tokyo's Narita Airport. So despite being an All-American Varsity Sleeper years ago in high school, I've still got it. Jet lag be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment